AAAAKKKK!
Anybody remember the construction out in front of Lafayette freshman year? The jackhammers at 7:00 in the morning? (Wow, 7:00 in the morning doesn’t seem quite as early now as it did back then.) Well, I’ve discovered something worse. The floor below mine at the UN is being changed from individual offices to an “open plan” and they are currently knocking down a cinderblock wall right beneath me. Here’s hoping they don’t accidentally knock out any of the load-bearing walls!!

5 Comments:
Oh my goodness, I totally remember that!!! It was awful! If I recall correctly you and I both had apartments on the side of the building facing the construction. Could the construction below you possibly be worse? I guess the only saving grace is that you don't have to sleep in your office.
Hang in there and perhaps bring ear plugs/loud music/headphones to work?
Sending peaceful thoughts your way . . .
Anuradha
By
Anonymous, at 5:08 PM
Yes, thank goodness I don't have to sleep here! Also, the worst is (hopefully) over -- they're still banging around down there, but it's not nearly as bad as yesterday and I can't imagine any part of the construction process being louder than knocking out cinderblock walls!
By
Erica, at 2:04 PM
Not knowing of the Lafayette construction, tell me this....better or worse than a full day of screaming devil child??!! :-)
By
Anonymous, at 5:06 PM
Uh oh, I forgot to put in my name...that was from me! Linsey
By
Anonymous, at 5:06 PM
Oh my goodness -- I'd completely forgotten about the screaming devil child! (How could I forget about the screaming devil child?)
The kid was definitely worse, especially before we found out he was a devil child and we were worried that he was being abused or something.
The construction noise is still going on, but it's not as bad as before, and remembering how bad that kid was last summer definitely helps take the edge off!
By
Erica, at 8:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home